Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I Weigh How Much?.....Oh My GOD!

i was slapped hard in the face yesterday...i mean the kind that stings and tears well up in the eyes. i know my eating habits are out of control....i kept saying in the back of my mind, "i can always stop." guess what, i was wrong. i blame part of my depression on my weight and blame part of my weight on depression.

i finally took a step toward making a change. yesterday i joined curves for women and today will be my first workout. i'm trying to psyche myself up for this but after the measurements, total weight gain and goals were established i felt like dying. my current weight is 209.6 - this is the most i have EVER weighed. i am crushed, devastated. i don't want my husband to look at me much less me look at myself. i told the exercise tech that i have a problem with commitment (unless of course it's something i want to do). i think i have become her mission, her 'project' oh how i hate the way that sounds...i have become a project for someone who is much younger, energetic, spunky and thinner than me.

deep down inside i know i've got to do this for me.....this is going to be difficult.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

6 Comments:

Blogger VikiBabbles said...

I found myself facing a similar WHA??? a couple of years ago, and unfortunately or not, I fully blame it on my hypothyroidism. Which makes it hard for me to psych myself up to exercise long term.

Let yourself become this girl's pet project. That way, if you fail, it's her fault, and not yours.

All kidding aside, good luck.

July 19, 2005  
Blogger Alekx said...

Marti you can do it. When I started my weight loss journey 3 years ago I was 500lbs. I've lost 260+lbs,
You can do this. 98% of it is all mental, the very hardest part is to talk yourself off the couch and into the workout.
You CAN DO THIS GIRL

July 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

although i don't look it, I am overweight myself, and all the weight has settled in my gut....

i am in need of serious working out! good luck to you...wish me luck also!

July 19, 2005  
Blogger Melody said...

Anything worth doing is difficult. Good luck.

July 19, 2005  
Blogger Dana said...

Good luck! I am struggling with weight too. I am the most I have ever weighed at 255 lbs! I hate it. IS Curves nice? We have one down the street, but I have never looked into it.

July 20, 2005  
Blogger Cylithria Dubois said...

Marti, you can do it lady. I believe in you!!!! I know deep down inside of you is the ability to do this for yourself and I'll offer all the support I can..... I'm just a blog or email away....

July 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home