Monday, August 01, 2005

100 Things About Me

1) I'm very much in love with my husband.
2) I have two great daughters.
3) I can't believe that my oldest daughter will be 20 and my youngest will be 16 this year.
4) I was born in Elizabethton, TN (East TN).
5) I am the oldest of four.
6) I have two wonderful sisters.
7) I have one immature brother-still waiting for him to grow up.
8) I use to collect caterpillars and kept them in a cigar box-in my sock drawer.
9) Mom was not amused.
10) I use to fight in school.
11) I lost my virginity at age 15.
12) I wanted to be a truck driver.
13) I would practice while driving dad's ton truck.
14) I lived on a farm with horses, chickens, cows, goats and pigs.
15) I don't live on or near a farm and don't want to. Too much work.
16) Dad thinks I'm a "city" girl.
17) I use to have to chop up firewood-with an ax.
18) I've broke and trained horses for Pleasure and Western Saddle Show.
19) I played the clarinet in junior and high school.
20) I can't play the clarinet-I forgot how.
21) My best friend and I were two of four students selected out of the state of Tennessee through 4-H to attend the World's Fair in Knoxville, TN for baking the best biscuit.
22) To this day, I can't bake a biscuit.
23) Ever since I was eight years old, I wanted to own a jaguar (car).
24) 31 years later still want to own a jaguar-probably never will.
25) My first car was a 1972 Pontiac Lemans.
26) Guys loved me and dated me for my car.
27) I learned how to "pop" the clutch and do donuts.
28) I out ran the police in it and would drag race down the middle of a small country town.
29) Dad sold it right out from under me-he was afraid I was going to get hurt.
30) I wished I still had that car.
31) Christmas is my favorite holiday-I love to decorate.
32) I wished there was a Santa Claus and flying reindeer.
33) I put up six 8 ft. Christmas trees-and would put up more if I had them or if Bret would let me buy more.
34) I love to spend the holidays with my friends and family.
35) I hate the winter season-no color.
36) I love the spring and fall season-lots of color.
37) I like to watch college football games.
38) I like to watch women's college basketball-especially the Lady Vols.
39) I played basketball in junior and high school.
40) I wanted to be a basketball coach.
41) I was going to join the army after I graduated from high school...I got married instead and with no regrets.
42) I married Bret three weeks after meeting him.
43) We eloped-I was mad at dad.
44) I would do it all over again.
45) I never attended college.
46) My parents haven't lived in the same city with me for 19 years and I desperately miss spending time with them.
47) I've lived in the same city for 20 years.
48) My dad is a pastor and has moved from church to church-A LOT.
49) I almost drowned when I was 6 months pregnant with our first daughter.
50) My brother couldn't swim but jumped in the deep end on top of me-we were going under for the third time, Lu rescued me.
51) I am terrified of bridges and water...while pregnant with first daughter I had nightmares of wrecking off bridges and the two of us drown.
52) I blame my brother.
53) I've been to a Psychiatrist for depression-he prescribed me two antidepressants. I didn't want to venture anymore into my past-I was glad he didn't push the issue.
54) I fight depression daily.
55) I sometimes want to end my life and not deal with the depression.
56) I have a plan for committing suicide.
57) I haven't followed through with my plan because I don't want to screw up my girls lives.
58) I'm not in denial-isn't that river in Egypt. (hee , hee)
59) I want to be a stay at home mom(SAHM).
60) I spend too much money-no chance of being a SAHM.
61) I have one daughter left at home-she is 15.
62) I have stayed at this job location going on 10 years-the longest I've stayed at one place.
63) I don't want to be at this place or at this job for 10 more years.
64) I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
65) I want to have surgery done to lose weight and keep it off forever.
66) I don't weigh enough to qualify-I have to gain more weight.
67) If I believed in reincarnation, I would want to be an Italian.
68) I believe in God and heaven.
69) I believe in Satan and hell.
70) I really want to make it to heaven.
71) Bret and I took ballroom dancing lessons and danced on the rooftop of the Harbor View Inn while on vacation in Charleston, SC.
72) Did I say I am very much in love with my husband?
73) I want to go on a road trip riding a motorcycle with Bret.
74) I want to go to Italy.
75) I am trying to learn Italian.
76) I've been to Charleston, SC...fell in love with my husband all over again.
77) I've been to Chicago...absolutely loved it.
78) I've been to New Orleans...absolutely hated it-too much water and bridges.
79) I went on a cruise to the Bahamas with Heather and the high school band as a chaperone.
80) I was drugged pretty much the whole time on the boat.
81) I want to travel all over the world.
82) I've eaten kangaroo-it had a very good taste.
83) I love raw oysters...got Lu hooked on them too.
84) I LOVE guacamole
85) I love to cook but never do.
86) We eat out for every meal.
87) I've smoked a cigar-it had a very good taste.
88) I don't like to read, I get bored with it.
89) I don't listen to the news or read a newspaper.
90) I would love to be a writer, the kind that makes people hold their breath while reading the words. (ironic statement)
91) I want a tattoo but am afraid of contracting a disease and I'm not sure of the design.
92) Holly tells me that I am so brutally honest that it hurts.
93) I still get excited about Christmas and my birthday.
94) I don't want to get so old that my husband or kids would have to take care of me.
95) When I die, I want to be cremated.
96) I am not a morning person.
97) I am not a night owl.
98) I think of myself as a "brunch" (midmorning) kind of person.
99) I hate looking at myself in the mirror.
100) I love laughing with my friends, kids, husband and family.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Lu said...

GREAT LIST....i especially liked #50 :P

August 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad to read your list.. Hope all is well with you!

August 03, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it would interesting to do these lists every year or so and see how they change. I've just seen SAHM (is that it?) twice in one day and I have no idea what it is. I came via Ivy today.

August 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home