Monday, February 06, 2006

Mom, Please Listen To What Your Body Is Trying To Say.....

Thursday, I get this phone call from sis Lu. "Mom is at the ER. She called me crying with her leg hurting". I began thinking to myself, what's happening to Mom? Why can't she have a peaceful life? Why does she have to put up with all the bull*@#! that she does? Why???

Sis calls again (later)- The docs think Mom is having a stroke. She doesn't have any feelings in her right leg and right arm. Now, here comes the panic mode - then the anger - now the sobbing. The doctors really don't know what's going with her but she is refusing to stay in the hospital. Her main doctor finally told her if she didn't stay overnight, she could die. She stayed but wasn't happy about it.

I go up Friday (she was already home) not knowing what to expect. There laid my momma in her recliner - trying to rest. Dad was sitting in his chair and I sat down on the couch. Mom, I said, what are you going to do now? Well she smiled and gave me this look that only a daughter understands. I knew what she was going to do.....go back to work just to get a little peace and quiet.

We talked for a few minutes then dad starts with his regular I'm hungry routine and never ending drama. I told him I would go get him something to eat. Mom insisted upon going with me. Mom! You just got out of the hospital and you're in pain. She didn't care, she needed to get out for a few minutes. I drove we talked, got dad something to eat then went back to their house.

After that all hell breaks loose! I'll fill in the details another time. I understand why mom feels like she has to work. I understand why she feels the need to get out of the house for "few minutes". But, I think she realizes that her body is screaming for her to STOP - it's time to take a break! I can't continue going on this way. We talked about this for a while Saturday and I hope that she listened....

Mom, I love you and don't want ANYTHING to happen to you. I couldn't imagine life wihout you. Please take care of yourself....remember I'll find a way to put you on my insurance, all you to say is I'm on my way to my room.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Cylithria Dubois said...

Hey lady, I hope your mom gets to feeling better real soon. Tell her it is okay to take some down time. She probably won't listen LOL but I hope she does!! Take Care of you lady.

February 07, 2006  
Blogger Lu said...

I am really glad that you came in this weekend sis!

love ya!

February 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope everything is okay with her..

February 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home