Monday, January 23, 2006

Three Things I'm Not Ready For.....

This year I have to face three realities in my life....I know I'm not ready for one of them and the other two well, let's just say hang on baby this is going to be one hell of a ride.

1) I'll be 40 years old
2) Heather, my oldest is getting married (Sept 16)
3) I'll be a "Nana" the second Heather & Steven is pronounced man and wife

OMG - the bar on this roller coaster ride is locked in place. I can't squeeze out of the seat but am holding on for dear life...."Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the year 2006. Please remove glasses, hats and any loose articles. Please remain seated at all times....."

Sandra, Heather's soon to be stepdaughter is as every 4 year old is....a charmer. I was keeping Sandra at the house one evening and she wanted to watch Cinderella. I put the movie in and thought it would be fun for her to play the character Cinderella. I found an apron and feather duster, tied a scarf around her head and began calling her Sanderella. She was thrilled. She started calling me Stepmother (and still does).

Now that Heather and Steven are engaged, I asked Sandra if she was going to call me Stepmother or Nana. She told me Stepmother and she was calling hubby Stepfather. Um, I think I may have confused her...don't worry Heather it'll be ok....I think.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Lu said...

that is a great pic....the minute i saw it, i could just imagine her busting into your house going...

'HEHEHEHEH I'M HERE!!! WHERE'S THE TOYS, WHERE'S THE FOOD, GET ME A COKE...MUHAHAHA....SO THIS IS MY NEW KINGDOM, LET ME CHECK IT OUT!

hehehe...

January 23, 2006  
Blogger Lu said...

Unfortunately, you're right. And she almost has me wrapped around her little finger...

January 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just too cute!!!!!

January 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home