Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Did I Hang the Stockings by the Chimney With Care?

....last Thursday our beloved Father called me up to announce "We are having Christmas at your house." Now I was thrilled then it hit me OH MY GOD - when? When are we going to have Christmas at my house! Hubby and I have been remodeling our living/dinning room. My house is a complete and total TRAIN WRECK! In at state of panic I managed to piss him off. Let's just say we don't have the same concept of "cleaning and getting the house ready" for company. I made it well known that he was out of his freakin' mind and left him with the clean up!

The NCAA Championship game was Friday - over 20,000 people bought tickets but I feel most assured more people showed up for tailgating and all the extra curricular activities that go on at a football game. Me being the mom that I am and who is very much involved in my kids life, is over the parking for all events held at the college stadium here in Chattanooga - was at the stadium 10:00AM and by 3:00PM ALL LOTS WERE SOLD OUT! The game didn't start until 8:00PM.

In the meantime, I'm stressing over the Family Christmas get together. Come to find out no one can make it until Sunday - with the exception of good ole dad! He's ready to show up at any given moment. I'm in a whirlwind by now and for the life of me can't remember what day it is or what's going on...Lu called to let me know that Dad was pissed and decided to cancel Christmas! Way to go Marti - you managed to screw Christmas.

Hubby and I got the train wreck cleaned up and what relief. BTW my house looks SO GOOD. Vickie decided to go to Mom's Sunday evening and have Christmas with them, which was wonderful! I get this call. Marti. Yes Mom, when are you coming up for Christmas? Now I'm thinking in the back of my head...I thought Family Christmas has been cancelled. Mom, I'm not sure. I hope to get up there sometime this weekend.

Holly is in the marching band at the high school. This year our band has been invited to go to the Cotton Bowl - Dallas, Texas and perform in the halftime show, parade as well as compete in different categories. We are leaving two days after Christmas and won't be back until Jan. 3. Am I ready for this trip? HELL NO!

Do I have all my Christmas shopping done? HELL NO! Marti - what are you waiting for? Christmas is still a month away right? No you idiot! Its Sunday...so I've been trying to get the shopping done - hasn't happened yet.


Last night we had a Christmas party for all the band students. While at the party, we board members worked on the Dallas trip. Why, why do we do this to ourselves? Oh, that's right, because we love our kids and family.

Wishing everyone a Very Merry Christmas and Peaceful New Year.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 Comments:

Blogger Melody said...

You are one busy lady...take a minute to BREATH. Happy holidays.

December 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound like me! I'm so far behind. I mean a few more weeks right? PLEASE? Have a good one! You'll love goign to dallas!

December 23, 2005  
Blogger Lu said...

cancel christams???

for the love of god jim!!! you can't cancel christmas!!!

December 23, 2005  
Blogger Cin said...

If it helps at all, our decorating happened haphazardly, no baking got done, and I started my shopping on the Friday before Christmas -- and I didn't have nearly as much going on as you did!

Hope the rest of your holidays went well.

January 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home