Monday, July 25, 2005

It's Just A Thought

i thinks it's safe to say that we all assume the person commenting on our blog has become our best friend. i don't know what half the people who comment on my blog look like and for those who have pictures, i feel like i could pick you out in a crowd.

why is that we have taken on the internet blogging world as our family. we reveal our fantasies, disappoints, deep dark secrets, news from the doctors appointment, total weight gain or loss. we can pour our hearts out for all to read and yet we can't talk to our spouse, kids, siblings or parents.

the computer screen has become a security blanket for so many...after all what are the chances of us meeting or coming face to face with one another in this lifetime.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Lu said...

i am very different online than in real life...

it is the strangest thing...

you know me irl...and that i am easily intimidated and lack any self-esteem...

but online i am a social butterfly...lol

go figure

July 26, 2005  
Blogger Sarie said...

I don't know about others, but *I* started my blog NEVER expecting ANYONE to ever read it.

Perhaps people view blogging as the new journaling? The fact that others may view it is irrelevant to them? Perhaps they view it as a safe way to vent and not really be 'judged'?

I don't know.

July 27, 2005  
Blogger Cin said...

I think it's sometimes easier to pour myself into my writing than to pour my heart out to a person. Especially when I'm still working out how I feel, what I think & where I stand. Often the process of editing a piece helps me figure things out. And if someone responds with intelligence & sincerity? That's all good. It's what friendships grow from...

July 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home