Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Colors - by Emily Smouse

Colors

The red ink runs from audio, and the blue from a machine.
The messiahs are all wearing black and the glass is tinted green.
The water is discolored and tastes a bit like wine. But it's not red, it's clear instead.
I swear I'm feeling fine.
The rose candle wax is melted all along the floor.
The violet hallway just gets longer when I'm running to the door.
The sky is falling down but all I'm getting is some gray and a little bit of static.
I'm trying to tell you something, but there isn't anything to say.
I could scream it for you.
But I still doubt I'd make any sense.

Emily Smouse is almost fourteen years old and spends her time creating art, listening to music, and IM-ing with friends. She likes to say things to make people think, like: "It's really sad. I hate how people are like grains of sand. Hard to find, and always slipping through your fingers.


www.allthingsgirl.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Actually...there are some elements of this poem that I really like... she's got some talent, that gal!

June 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home