Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Lifetime Girlfriends....

i like to think of myself as the type of person who never meets a stranger....i love being in big crowds and meeting new people, which has turned out to be a good thing...i was in 8 elementary schools and 3 high schools and enjoyed the quest of making new friends. unfortunately, i didnt get to keep these friends for very long. just as we were beginning to establish the "pack", my family would move. Those of you that read lu, my sis's, blog know that she is totally opposite of me. she has perfected the whole blog concept. me, well lets just say i would rather talk to you sitting on a patio drinking margaritas, in the kitchen, on the couch, in a bar....as for writing about my feelings, memories, or what ifs...seems to be a difficult challenge.

while in the bookstore, "The Secret Language of Girlfriends" caught my eye. i began reading the intro and decided to buy it. i wish so badly for the circle of friends that most people around me have. i would love to meet at a different house once a week with the girls for coffee, cookies, wine, cheese and gossip. i never had the opportunity to make those lifetime friends and share or help each other during that difficult phase of life....teenage kids, mid-life crisis's (recently turning 39 too close to 40), gaining too much weight over the year, divorce, depression.....i would love to be able to tell the girls all my dilemmas and they tell me everything is going to be ok and in the end they were right.

i would love to be able to stand proud with the girls and watch "our kids" play in a basketball game, perform in a symphonic band concert, see their faces when getting that first car, crying with them because "that boy or that girl" broke our baby's heart, prom, graduation, marriage....

two of my favorite movies are the calendar girls and divine secrets of the ya-ya sisterhood. these movies have everything between girlfriends that i so desperately want.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl!
Chin up! I long for those friends as well. I've got one close friend and thats it.. Ive got friends online that I've had for 7 years and we talk on the phone daily, share secrets, things we wouldnt tell others. But its not the same.. I too would love to have the closeness IRL I see others with..
Ivy...

June 29, 2005  
Blogger Kim said...

What an excellent blog! I have lifelong friends, yet I don't do much with them, isn't that sad? I yearn for the type of friends that you meet once a week for lunch, or go to the movies with, and that your kids grow up together with.

BTW, I came to you via the childhood memory meme.

June 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i'm here via, actually, i can't remember
i wish i had time to spend with gf's too, i'm trying to find more time, but it's tough.
loved both those movies too

June 30, 2005  
Blogger Me said...

Hi. I got your blog from Robyn!!

I know what you mean. All of my close friends live farther away and I would love to have everything you mentioned. It would be nice, wouldn't it?

July 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home