Wednesday, July 27, 2005

High School Band and Immature Adults

miss hollywood started band camp this week - the hottest week of the year...they practice from 8:00am-9:00pm - with scheduled breaks. but the kids spend the majority of the time outside marching. she called me monday afternoon to inform me that she threw up three times, rinsed her mouth out and got right back in there marching. she has blisters on her feet and ingrown toenails that are giving her a fit....ah the joy of childhood....

this is the beginning of my 6th year with this high school's band program. heather was in the band for four years and holly is starting her second year-only 2 more to go!

i have served on the booster board for 4 years (took a year off) and have been reelected as second vice president. a mom whom i've known for 3 years - we became friends instantly, now thinks she is miss thang and all that - is serving on the board as first vice president - OMG i have made an amazing discovery!!! she needs to grow up.


july 4 the band had a booth - along with several other groups, set up at the park. i was late getting there to help with the set up. to this day, she refuses to speak to me....i asked her how long was she going to pout over the july 4 thing....her reply, "until we have another event and you redeem yourself." my thought...eat shit and die lady...you're pathetic and need to grow up.

this was last month and the band season is just getting started.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Hey Marti! It's Robin from our new site ;)

Just wanted to stop over and introduce myself.

Now, are you serious about this woman? Jeez O. Pete. I'm really not sure what instrument I would have shoved up her hoo-hoo, but I'm pretty sure it would have been one of the woodwinds.

July 27, 2005  
Blogger Ken said...

Oh my lord. "Until you redeem yourself"?
How about she redeem herself for being a (ahem!) Biotch?

July 27, 2005  
Blogger Lu said...

a tuba or a woodwind...that would make for one sore tom....

July 28, 2005  
Blogger Dana said...

Hey!

I was a marching band geek for 10 years (HS and college) and some days I miss it somuch, but not on the hot sweltering days. LOL I don't miss band camp at all.

Dana (flute and colorguard)

July 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home