Monday, November 07, 2005

Drama, Drama, Drama.....

My everyday life is nothing short of boring...thanks to Heather and her continuous drama. Sometimes this drama can be overwhelming then at times....the drama or role playing can be so degrading.

I am in charge of parking for all the events held at our college stadium. I am the person who has to make sure that enough people are at these events to cover all parking entrances. Saturday - football game....parking covered....

After the game, a bunch of us decided to go out. None of us had eaten a good meal and so..off we went. Now, I am 39 years old and shouldn't have to check in but...needless to say I chose not to call home and just took off. OH MY GOD big mistake! Heather called my cell phone several times. Bret called my cell phone a couple of times...I didn't hear it ring...

Well, it was 1:00AM when I pulled in my driveway. How do I know this?

Here we go....Mom, what time did you get home last night? I don't know. I know it was after 12:30. Mom, it was 1:00 AM. How do you know this Heather? Because I was talking to Dad (who by the way was home) when you pulled in the driveway. Oh, why were you talking to Dad? Because Mom, we (Dad, Holly and me) were worried and didn't know where you were. Dad thought you were still at the stadium. We had to take Steven's friend home so on the way back Steven, Holly and I drove by the stadium to see if you were there. You did? Yes, it was 12:30AM and the stadium was empty. So Mom, where were you and who were you with? Um....Heather, are you checking up on me? Should I be? No! I'm an adult and don't need a babysitter. Mom, obviously you don't care what you do or how it affects this family.

I'm thinking to myself you little brat...who the heck do you think you are? I DON'T have to answer to you!

Later that night, I was talking to Bret....I told him about mine and Heather's conversation. Then I proceeded to tell him that I don't want to be responsible for anyone but Robin....do I have to get permission to go out? He said I should have called...he didn't know if I had been in a car wreck or whatever. So, I do need your permission...Bret, don't take this the wrong way but, I don't want to be a mom, wife or anything anymore. No, I don't want a divorce...I just want to run away for a while. I want to be me! You're gone through the week and can leave everything here and me....well I want to go away and you stay here and deal with everything.

He understood what I was saying but still...

Heather, you're a good daughter and I love you but, no, I don't have to check in with you or get your permission to go out. You don't have the right to tell me that obviously I don't care what I do or how it affects the family. I appreciate the fact that you worry about me but you know what....one day when you become Mom, you'll understand what I'm talking about.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lu said...

you could tell calgon to take you away....but that doesnt really work... ;P

November 07, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no freaking doubt! I hate the fact that everyone seems to think that mom cant run away for awhile. Its unreal the way they think..

November 08, 2005  
Blogger Marti's Shadow said...

Mom, you want to stop being a mother? Thats fine with me...you go party, get drunk, do whatever it is that you do and I will say absolutely nothing to you...trust me. You NO longer have to tell me what you do or where you go, I don't want to know, and I don't care. I hope you really meant everything you just said in your post because now you can see what its like to at least have just one daughter...because as far as having to deal with this little brat, you no longer do. Just so you know, I do love you with all that I have, and that's the only reason I worry...but don't YOU worry about it anymore...I'll stop as of now.

November 09, 2005  
Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I named one of my motorcycles Calgon...

but seriously, folks...when you live in a group of room mates or a family and usually have a regular schedule why is it such a big deal that you should leave a note or call and leave a message saying you are going out? It really is just courtesy.

I blow it sometimes, too and the mate won't go to bed or get online till I am home.

People have to take care of each other, make it easy for them to take care of you.

November 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home