Thursday, September 29, 2005

Who Am I?

I feel so empty and my heart is heavy burdened, breaking with pain. Who is the person I look at each morning in the mirror? My friends and family see me as outgoing, fun a social butterfly. Deep down I'm nobody.

I often wonder why I exist, why not end it now. Stop all the charades and pretending...I'm tired of trying to fit in somewhere I don't belong. Then again, where do I belong? I need to realize that I cannot impress people. I'll never be that someone...I'm nobody.

What do I have to offer? I have no knowledge of math, science or language. I don't have the degrees that will make me a success. Who am I? Nobody.

I'm not the trophy wife, super mom or award-winning actress...my husband loves me but I will never understand why.

I have not been the example or role model mother for my two girls. I have let them down miserably. I thought I was doing them right by being involved with their activities. But, was I? Do they appreciate me being there or do they put up with me-just because. Do they accept me as..."mom" or am I "MOM"!

I can't go on living this way. My heart is crying, sobbing but no one hears. I try to hide the tears with a smile...a task that grows harder and harder to do each day.

Today is no different than yesterday. Only a reminder that here I am...still pretending...still a nobody.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

8 Comments:

Blogger Marti's Shadow said...

Mom,
You are someone, you are my mother, my best friend, my role model....I love you with all that I have. You have been a great mother. Holly and I both want you in our lives and we love when you are involved in the activities that we are in. I am so sorry that I have made you feel as though you have failed me miserably, because you in no way have failed me. Daddy loves you because of who you are, how you make him feel, the way you love his kids. I'm sure he would put it differently but I know for a fact that he loves everything about you, and so do Holly and I. Without you our worlds would not be complete. If it weren't for you I would not be who I am today. I love you momma, so very very much. You are someone...you are my mom. And as you would say to me, Don't talk about my mom that way, I don't like it one bit.
With all the Love that I have,
Your Baby Girl

September 29, 2005  
Blogger Robin said...

There is nothing I can say that will mean a fraction of what your daughter (who calls herself your shadow) said.

I will tell you honey, as someone who knows how it feels when the dam breaks...

Get thee to a doctor, please.

September 29, 2005  
Blogger jlybn123 said...

I can fully understand not being comfotable in your own skin. Not loving the person that you are...I have truly been there, more than once!

You are somebody and you do matter, to more people than you can even know. I recently added you to my blog roll, I think you are hilarious and your tale of the wax fiasco had me rolling.

Don't pretend to be something or someone that you are not...nobody wants that. You have to find your self-worth on your own, but it's in there. Keep searching...it will turn up. One of these days, you will come to appreciate exactly who the real you is!!!! =)~~

Feel better!

September 30, 2005  
Blogger Lu said...

i love you sis!

and i dont think you try to be someone other than who you are...

really it just cant be...you are the most social and cultured person i know... ;)

and besides...you are then only one who can help me order the right wine!

September 30, 2005  
Blogger Carol said...

Who is anybody, Marti? We're all flawed. Think of the good but not only the good but don't let the bad overwhelm you.

September 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, marti... i have no words to say that will make you feel better... all i can say is, that i love you and i think you are a wonderful person... you will be in my thoughts and prayers... misty

September 30, 2005  
Blogger Carol said...

How are you, Marti?

October 02, 2005  
Blogger Cylithria Dubois said...

You are not a nobody Marti...and you never will be. I wish I could make you feel better lady!! (((hugs)))

October 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home