Saturday, July 30, 2005

Be Careful What You Say

i mentioned in the post below about having a bad week etc...last night as i laid in bed, i realized how different the house felt-no laughter, music, sound or warmth...nothing. complete silence-even with the family here. then i realized i didnt hear the birds sing, feel the sunshine or breeze blow or see the world in color. everything was in gray and the sound is on mute.

i couldnt sleep and didnt want to watch tv. i laid in bed wanting so much to see the stars and moon. i saw was nothing. i couldnt feel the pillow under my head or the blankets covering me. i felt cold and alone. all i could feel was the heaviness of my broken heart. all i could hear were shallow breaths - it hurt too much to breath. all i could hear were the hurtful and painful words spoken. all i could feel were the tears running down my face...all i could remember is "its your fault." maybe i should have chosen my words more carefully.

words are so dangerous and powerful. they cut and penetrate much more deeper than a sword or spear. when a sharp object enters the body, some of the tissues are cauterized-seared during entry therefore, the pain doesnt spread quite as far into the wound. not words...words cut and penetrate the soul. you dont receive a battle scar for bragging, all you get is the numbness and reminder of how deeply they hurt and linger inside.


i tried to tell to bret how he hurt my feelings but he didnt hear me. instead he told me how it was my fault and i did it to myself - at least thats what i heard.

the girls kept asking me what was wrong and i said nothing but they knew i was lying. at the time, i couldnt find the right words to say all i could do was be quiet and exist for the moment. i couldnt laugh or even pretend that everything was ok.

this morning i told holly what was wrong. i didnt try to sugar coat it. i told her the truth. i told her how the day may go but dont worry, everything will be ok eventually.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mm. I call it emotional nesting, and it closely follows the physical equivalent: shutting down, being in the moment, withdrawing until the discomfort passes. I hope that this weekend is calm for you.

July 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, Michele sent me. (The former comment is mine, these newfangled comment features confuzzled me for a moment.) :)

July 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

spivey jane i still love you

July 30, 2005  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Hi, Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I have been cruisin' through yours and have enjoyed. Hope you'll come back from time to time.

July 30, 2005  
Blogger Lu said...

spivey jane loves you SO MUCH! i miss you more than you'll know.

July 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Michele sent me. Hope you get things cleared up soon.

July 30, 2005  
Blogger Lu said...

i love you too marti...

chin up...chest out... ;)

July 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michele sent me.

Hubby and I just exchanged some pretty sharp words tonight. sigh

July 31, 2005  
Blogger Star said...

Hi. Michele sent me. I think that's why I like blogging. You can't backspace over spokens words and start over. Hope it's better now.

July 31, 2005  
Blogger Pause said...

Very moving post. Communication is hard when the other isn't actually hearing. Here's hopingfor better days this week.

July 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home