Wednesday, August 17, 2005

My Dream May Come True After All...

Monday, Aug 15 was Hollywood's first day of school. This year she is taking Latin. I was somewhat worried when she told me this. As some of you know, my desire is to be an Italian or at least pretend...I bought a CD that teaches conversational Italian. When I listened to them (driving in the car with HW) she would roll her eyes and say - Mom just stick to English - you're not Italian. After that comment, I purposely tortured her with the CD's every time we got in the car (hee-hee).

Monday after school, Holly was excited about her Latin class.
Mom! I think Latin is going to be my favorite class
Holly - stick to English - you're not Latin. (She handed me a mountain of papers to sign - one from her Latin class)
Holly did you read this paper before signing it?
Yes Mom.
Holly are you sure?
Yes Mom.
I really don't think you did - read it again and be sure to reread #6.
(Sigh) hand it to me Mom. OMG! Eyes big as softballs!!!
You didn't read it did you? If you had you would have noticed -
"This year the Latin class will be going to Italy (Rome or Paris) if there is enough interest and according to world events." The trip costs around $2000.00/person
ITALY! Our class is going to Italy!
I've got to call your daddy!!

Hubby - hello?
You're not going to believe this! Holly's Latin class is going to Italy!
You're kidding
NO! YIPPEEEEEE It's going to cost $4000.00 for both of us to go.
Um...you're going have to save up some money
I know...I'm so happy...I can't believe it! Oh happy day!
This will mean that Holly and you won't get to go to Texas with the band.
I don't care! It's Italy!
I'm so happy! I can't believe it! Let me call you back after while.

Mom! I have to go to Texas. It's a competition!
Not if we're going to Italy!
Mom calm down...what if the teacher (Latin) won't let you go?
Oh I'm going. Don't think for one second I'm NOT!!!
Holly's eyes are rolling as she smiles...

Lost track of time - Holly and I get ready for bed.

Still beaming...I lie in bed trying to remember the little Italian that I learned oh well, it's time to break out the CD's and check for Italian classes here at the state college.

Holly recently told me that she burned my CD's - I really can't find them...the little hussy!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is so great robin... i'm happy for you... m-

August 18, 2005  
Blogger Lu said...

THATSA ONE SPICY MEATABALL!!!

you dog...i never get to leave these here sticks of tennessee...

i'm such a loser....waaaahhh

hehehehe

moo

August 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is wonderful! Sounds like something to really look forward to!

August 18, 2005  
Blogger Shannin said...

My mom was an art teacher and would take her students to places like France and Italy every year. She usually needed parents to act as chaparones...Hope you get to go.

Here via Michele's M&G.

August 19, 2005  
Blogger buffi said...

I'm a Texas girl, but even I would pick Italy if there was a choice to be made. I was there about 3 years ago & it was fabulous. Next time, I want to go w/o kids!

Thanks for stopping by my place!!

August 19, 2005  
Blogger dena said...

Of course you're going!

Visiting from Michele's.

August 19, 2005  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

My daughter recently went to Italy. They don't speak Latin there. English goes over well, though.

I'm here from Michele's place.

August 19, 2005  
Blogger Free to Be said...

Italy sounds great for both of you. Good shoes there!

Hello from Michele's.

August 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home