Friday, August 05, 2005

Help I'm Stuck and Can't Get Out

I've been stuck in a funk for over a week now and can't seem to snap out of it. Maybe I should start experimenting with my antidepressants (again).

My family (hubby and kid) has hurt me so bad...Maybe I'm being too sensitive or wearing my feelings on my shoulders but I am crushed and am having a hard time dealing with it. My dad is very sick (he lives 2 hrs from me). He is in congestive heart failure and has pneumonia. When sis called me with this news on Tuesday night, I immediately wanted to go help Dad & Mom. The wheels starting turning, I was making provisions for Hollywood - transportation to and from HS for band camp.

I called hubby - "Dad is sick. Could you take a couple of days off and come home and stay with Holly so that I can go help mom?"
Hubby - "Is he in the hospital?"
Me - "Not yet"
Hubby - "Why can't Lu go over to their house and help?"
Me - "Because she has a 5 yr old and a 2 yr old, somebody will need to watch them." (I knew this conversation was over) "Just forget about it, I'll call Heather." - click.

Called Heather - "Papa is sick; can you stay at the house with Holly until your dad comes home for the weekend?"
Heather - "Mom, (using her whinny voice) why can't Holly come stay with me?" "Why do I have to come up there?"
Me - "Because your car is about to blow up and instead of making four 20-25 min trips to the HS, you would have to make four 5-10 min trips.
Heather - "Mom (still whining) but S stuff is here and I have to babysit T".
Me - "T lives 2 blocks from our house and S (4 yrs old) can bring stuff here to the house. Heather I need you to do this for me."
Heather - "Mom I really don't want to and S wouldn't want to go that long without seeing her daddy."
Me - "Forget it Heather. I'll make other arrangements."
Heather - "What are you going to do?"
Me- "Don't you worry about it. It's not your problem. I'll handle it." - click. She called me three times before I answered. Again I told her to not worry about it.

I called hubby back and told him not to take any time off.
Hubby - "Why?"
Me- "I just won't go to my parents house and help" - click.

After I finished both conversations, I sat in the chair and cried. My heart had been ripped out and was lying on the floor. I thought to myself...I sure as hell hope I don't get sick...I would just have to tough it out or lie there and die. No help from hubby or kid.

My sister-in-law called not long after all was said and done. I told her what was going on. She said she would help with Holly. I love her so much and appreciate the offer. I didn't take her up on it because she recently had knee replacement surgery and is doing great, but I don't want to make it hard on her getting in and out of the car and driving. Besides, I thought that I could depend upon my hubby or kid. P thank you so much and I will definitely call you first next time I need some help.


After all of that...hubby finished work early and came home Thursday morning. He has yet to ask about Dad or ask why I haven't left to go help Mom and Dad.

Mel, I think I may have one up on you with Satan.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

7 Comments:

Blogger Lu said...

dont sweat it marti...i have everything under control here...i think...well kind of...

ok so i wish you were here... lol

August 05, 2005  
Blogger Lu said...

lu, i'm sorry. i'm so sorry. all of this shouldn't fall on you. i'll be up there as soon as i can. i love you. thanks for being there.

August 05, 2005  
Blogger jlybn123 said...

I'm sorry that it seems noone is willing to help you out in this situation. You must be very frustrated. Hope all goes well with your dad!

August 05, 2005  
Blogger Robin said...

I feel sad for you, Marti.
*hugs*

August 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh honey I can relate.. I hate to admit it but i can so easily relate.. A few years back my grandmother had surgery. I have always been there to help care for my grandmother and i was not goign to miss this.. My husband was laid off so its not like he had to miss work. I was gone 45 min and my cell phone started ringing.
"where are you"
Um where do you think i am? the hospital..
He called about 15 times in 2 hours. He co uldnt handle the kids for 2 hours! he got mad and started saying there was nothing to eat or drink in the house.. What he meant.. Was that there was nothing he wanted to cook he wanted me to come home and fix it.. And he was too freaking lazy to make tea or koolaid. Anytime something happens and I want to be there for my family I hear,"Why cant your sister do it" My answer is that its not just my sisters responsibility.. Its my family too! I hope your father is feeling better soon and that you are able to get up there to see them.

August 05, 2005  
Blogger Dawn said...

I hope things start to get better for you. **hugs**

August 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you better call me first next time
girl. you know i love you and those girls like crazy. sometimes not to crazy about my brother but what are you going to do? can't pick our relatives.
love you,
p

August 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home